The Tusa RS-790 Regulator delivers performance, durability and comfort making it the ideal choice for discerning divers.
The First stage of the Tusa RS-790 Regulator is the R-700, a balanced diaphragm first stage designed for cold-water use, it features a dry ambient pressure chamber that prevents water contact with the diaphragm maximizing performance in temperate water conditions below 50°F/10°C. Additionally, the Tusa RS-790 Regulator has an external rib section that nearly doubles the surface area for thermal exchange further reducing ice formaton that can lead to freeze up in extreme conditions. The Tusa RS-790 Regulator has two high pressure ports and four low pressure ports including two high flow (HF) that deliver up to a 15% increase in air flow. It is available in both INT (yoke) and DIN versions.
The the Second Stage of the Tusa RS-790 Regulator is the S-90 second stage, a compact pneumatically balanced system that features a composite housing which insulates and protects under extreme cold-water conditions. The Tusa RS-790 Regulator is equipped with a built-in venturi adjustment lever allowing the diver to select a surface or minimum setting reducing possible free flow or a dive setting for maximum air flow during the dive.
The Tusa RS-790 Regulator Special features:
R-700 First Stage:
- Dry Ambient Pressure Chamber prevents water contact with the diaphragm and spring maximizing performance, at any depth, in cold water conditions below 50°F/10°C.
- Engineered for cold water diving. It features a ribbed top cap section that acts like a radiator to increase the surface area for heat transfer. This design allows warming of the critical internal first stage parts that can freeze due to the gas pressure drops and low temperatures.
- High Flow Ports are available in addition to two standard LP ports and 2 HP ports. The high flow ports are positioned near the diaphragm and offer up to a 15% increase in air flow.
- DIN version available as RS-790 DIN (300bar/4350psi)
S-90 Second Stage:
- pneumatically balanced design. A small chamber positioned at the end of the poppet assembly traps air and forces the poppet back against the intermediate pressure orifice. This provides decreased inhalation resistance and increases smooth breathing in all conditions.
- Built-in Venturi adjustment lever. Two positions are selectable by the diver. Use Surface or the minimum setting when entering the water or on the surface, reducing the sensitivity and possible free flow of the second stage. Use the Dive or maximum setting for maximum air flow during the dive.
- Lightweight, compact composite case design
- Ortho-consciously designed mouthpiece
Tusa RS-790 Regulator Technology:
ADVANCED FLOW SYSTEM - The Advanced Flow System allows ease of air flow and makes air delivery smoother due to the curved housing structure.
COLD WATER READY - The Cold Water Ready feature enables the diver to use the regulator in water temperatures below 50° F / 10° C.
ENVIRONMENTALLY SEALED 1ST STAGE - The use of a secondary diaphragm and piston sealing the 1st stage preventing contamination or freezing when the regulator is submersed in contaminated or freezing water.
ORTHO-CONSCIOUS MOUTH PIECE - The Ortho-Conscious Mouth Piece feature prevents jaw fatigue. The ridges and flexible material allow the diver to have more control of the mouth piece and reduces tension in the jaw.
PNEUMATICALLY BALANCED 2ND STAGE - A balance chamber added to the regulator 2nd stage, providing equal pressure to both sides of the LP seat greatly reducing inhalation effort.
Tusa RS-790 Regulator Available Options:
Yoke or DIN First Stage
Upgrade to Regulator, Octo and Regulator Bag